Need to add cellular communication to your electronics initiatives? Then the SIM800 by SIMCom is the machine for you! This low-cost but highly effective, all-in-one, mobile phone module permits you to add voice, textual content, SMS and information to your initiatives in an cute little bundle. This module measures just one.75″x1.25″ however packs a shocking quantity of know-how into its little body. On the coronary heart is a GSM mobile module (we use the newest SIM800) the scale of a postage stamp.
This breakout board makes it simple to attach this machine to your microcontroller board or single-board laptop reminiscent of Arduino, ESP8266, BeagleBone or Raspberry Pi! The module makes use of Serial UART communication (Tx, Rx) to ship and obtain information. All the opposite obligatory pins are damaged out to the board.
As with all of our Breakout Boards the pin headers are included, however they are not soldered in to permit for various use instances!
- Remember that 2G know-how is being phased out within the US!
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz – join onto any international GSM community with any 2G SIM
- Make and obtain voice calls utilizing a headset OR an exterior 8Ω speaker + electret microphone
- Ship and obtain SMS messages
- Ship and obtain GPRS information (TCP/IP, HTTP, and so on.)
- Scan and obtain FM radio broadcasts (yeah, we do not precisely know why this was included nevertheless it works rather well)
- PWM/Buzzer vibrational motor management
- AT command interface with “auto baud” detection
- Pin headers included (soldering required!)
For helpful guides to get you began with the SIM800, please go to:
Ensure this fitsby getting into your mannequin quantity.
Quad-band GSM/GPRS module that works on frequencies GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz and PCS 1900MHz
Join onto any international GSM community with any 2G SIM (2G is being phased out within the US!)
Management over Serial UART utilizing your favourite microcontroller or single-board laptop (e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
SIM800 pins damaged out to facilitate prototyping!